Brown Sugar Bacon & Caramel Apple BowlDoes anything taste more like fall than caramel and apples? Not that I can think of. And just when you thought it couldn’t get any tastier, bacon gets thrown in the mix and sends your taste buds on a fall spin that feels like a harvest party.
If you are looking for the perfect fall snack, appetizer, or just because treat, give this Brown Sugar Bacon & Caramel Apple Bowl a try. It is a tasty treat full of a mix of fall flavors. Oh, and even though the name is long, the recipe itself is a cinch. Take a peek!
Brown Sugar Bacon & Caramel Apple Bowl
½ pound of thick cut bacon
1 cup of brown sugar (light or dark)
large apples, your choice of color/variety
1 cup light-brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. First, begin by preparing your bacon. Sprinkle ½ cup of brown sugar over your strips of bacon, pressed flat on a cookie sheet. Bake your bacon at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain the grease.
2. Now, you want to prepare your caramel sauce. You are welcome to use a premade sauce, but if you wish to make your own (it is so easy!) just mix your remaining ½ cup of brown sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan. Set the heat to medium and continue to stir until the items are well blended and smooth.
3. Now, rinse your apples clean and cut them in half. Use a melon baller or spoon to carve out the inside of the apple.
4. Pour some caramel sauce into the “apple bowl” you have created.
5. Crumble the brown sugar bacon and sprinkle it on top of the caramel. You can even stir some of the crumbles into the sauce if you wish.
6. Cut the remaining apples into slices for dipping.
This is such an easy treat, and the mixture of salty and sweet flavors makes it oh so yummy.
Give this Brown Sugar Bacon & Caramel Apple Bowl a try and it will quickly become your new favorite recipe!