Easy Art Glass Yard Décor
Catch the rays of the sun and make your whole yard glow when you make this easy art glass yard décor piece. Using just a few materials you can make your own art glass yard décor piece, certain to catch the sun and reflect a fun and rainbow like light all over! Take a look at how we crafted one in just minutes. The final product is colorful fun for just pennies.
Here is what you will need:
Wooden dowel rod
Baby food jar
Assorted glass vase fillers
Hot glue, glue gun
We found everything we needed between our local craft store, dollar store, and recycling bin. Look for a dowel rod that is strong enough to act as a yard stake. The vase fillers should be colored glass, the flat kind found at your local Dollar Tree or dollar store.
1. Begin by washing the baby food jar well and then drying it. This will help the glue adhere better.
2. Apply a thick strip of hot glue around the base of the jar.
3. Moving quickly, press the stones (vase filler) to the jar. You need to move fast as the glue will dry quickly.
4. Apply a second strip of glue and repeat the process.
5. This is a process you will continue to repeat until the entire jar is covered in stones.
6. Once the stones have had a chance to dry, poke the dowel rod into the ground and place the jar over the top of it.
This is a fun and frugal yard décor piece that looks so artsy! Make a variety of them to place in your gardens and flower beds as they are sure to add a pop of color and even some fun whimsy to your garden!
How to Plant a Container Garden in 10 Easy Steps
10 Ways to Score Garden Freebies
Flower Pot Fairy Garden